25 December 2014

1st part of my writing and a Christmas treat

As I'm in a jolly mood and it's Christmas day (also I forgot to post the 1st fragment of my writing yesterday) I thought I would post,  not one but two posts today (I know, I'm so generous)



So to start the  of the festivities here is a poem I wrote I won't say too much about it as I don't want to ruin it for you.



Married to the Job
  
The sweetshop owner is always wearing candy pink,
Melting her hand into the jar of sticky sweets

The zoo keeper is always roaring out ideas,
Waddling around with a pungent stench wafting out of him

The school teacher is always concentrating on her lessons,
Instructing her class to sit in silence till the bell rings

The musician is always fine-tuning his compositions,
His avid fans listening and applauding him

The Nursery Nurse is always crawling around,
Picking up raggedy toys and unfinished finger-paintings

The dancer is always pirouetting along the supermarket aisles,
The check-out girls in awe of her performance

The doctor is always checking-up on his family,
Trying to inject some smiles on patient’s faces

Leave your thoughts below and I'll see you later tonight.

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your wonderful comments