6 May 2015

Isn't every romcom a Romeo and Juilet?

My favourite type of book/movie is romance. In a book I've been reading called 'Soulmates' (which I'll do a book review on in the next 3 or 4 days) I've realised that all romances novels/films are based on Romeo and Juliet (most of them have got a happy ending). Some are very loosely based on the story whereas some are so similar.

I mean, boy meets girl, they fall in love, a montage of their love is shown/written, one of them does something they know will upset the other one so doesn't tell them, the other one finds out and breaks up with them, realises a few weeks later that they still love that person, goes to tell the person ( which is usually going away), catches them at the last second and tells them that they love them and the other person does the same and they live happily every after!

I know it's a bit confusing but do you kinda get what I mean?

I think everyone in the universe knows about this 'theory'. I mean, even my registration teacher ( who is an English teacher) had it written on her board a few weeks ago!

Anyway let me know what you think in the comments below! Do you agree or not?

See you soon,

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your wonderful comments